Translation & Interpreting is a booming and competitive field in both industry and academia. Being bilingual is not enough to be a successful translator. Professional translators must have deep cultural understanding and reading comprehension of the source language and excellent writing skills in the target language, as well as expertise in an area of specialization.
UWM’s Graduate Program in Translation offers professional translator and interpreter training in a dynamic online environment. Students collaborate with faculty and classmates from around the world to develop the skills needed to succeed in a thriving international market. Our Program can prepare you to:
- be an in-house translator;
- be a freelancer;
- be a translation company owner;
- specialize in library and information sciences;
- specialize in business administration;
- pursue doctoral studies;
- develop your professional skills without pursuing a degree.