- Apply every year online at fafsa.gov
- UWM School Code: 003896
- File the 2016-17 FAFSA to get aid for the Fall 2016, Spring 2017, and Summer 2017 terms.
- NEW! Beginning with the 2017-18 academic year, the FAFSA will be available as early as October 1 prior to the fall semester, and will use tax information from two years prior (for the 2017-18 year, file October 1, 2016 using tax information from 2015.)
- Apply Early! Some programs run out of funding.
- Since you’ll be using your 2015 tax information, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool using these steps.
- The final date to submit a FAFSA is June 30 AFTER the academic year is over. (i.e., June 30, 2017 for the 2016-17 academic year)
- You must still be enrolled in classes for financial aid to be offered.
A Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) is needed to sign the online FAFSA.
- Create while completing the FAFSA or in advance here.
- Watch this video to learn more, then follow these steps to complete the registration.
- Do not create an FSA ID for anyone else.
- Do not use the same email as anyone else when creating.
- Keep a record of your FSA ID to use throughout your academic career.