If you have a medical or mental health emergency when our operations are closed, call 911 or UWM Police (414) 229-9911, for immediate assistance.
If you or someone you love is in distress and our offices are closed, help is available 24/7.
UW Mental Health Support 24/7 – 888-531-2142
- 24/7 crisis support with a trained crisis responder
- Bilingual services in English and Spanish
- Call or Text (888) 531-2142
- Chat Send a chat in the UW Mental Health Support 24/7 Portal
National and Local Hotlines
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 988
- HOPELINE (crisis textline) – Text Hopeline to 741741
- Veterans Crisis Line – 1-800-273-8255 (press 1)
- Trevor Lifeline (LGBTQ+) – 1-866-488-7386
- Milwaukee County Crisis Line – 414-257-7222
Where to go during a mental health emergency?
Mental Health Emergency Center –1525 N. 12th Street, Milwaukee WI 53205
Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Emergency Department – 2301 N. Lake Dr., Milwaukee, WI 53211
Where do I go for medical care after Student Health and Wellness Center is closed?
To report life threatening emergencies please call 911. When Student Health and Wellness Center is closed (see hours of operation), care is available you at a variety of local health care facilities. It is a good idea to carry a copy of your insurance card with you in case of emergencies.
If you are covered by an insurance plan we recommend that you contact your insurance company to determine what facility and providers are covered in your plan.
The closest emergency medical facility is:
Below is a list of other health care facilities with emergency services located in or near the Milwaukee area.