About LinkedIn Learning
- Access the same content as you did with Lynda.com
- FREE access for all UW-Milwaukee students, faculty and staff
- Over 10,000 courses covering technology, business, and creative skills
- Offers courses for both in-depth learning and micro learning
- Easy access on all devices
LinkedIn Learning Upgrade
On Monday, August 26, 2019, active users in Lynda.com will be upgraded to LinkedIn Learning.
- You will still have access to the same content and courses.
- Your learning history will go with you to LinkedIn Learning.
- You do not have to create a LinkedIn profile. You can choose to connect your LinkedIn profile to your LinkedIn Learning account if you want to.
What do I need to do for the LinkedIn Learning upgrade?Do I need a LinkedIn account to use LinkedIn Learning?If I connect to my LinkedIn account, what data is shared and what LinkedIn activity can be seen?If I connect to my LinkedIn account, how do I log in to LinkedIn Learning?
You will receive informational emails leading up to the upgrade. Until the upgrade, you can continue to use Lynda.com. The day of the upgrade, (August 26, 2019) you will not have access to either Lynda.com or LinkedIn Learning. Once your account migrates, you will receive an email message from LinkedIn Learning with directions for activating your account. Click the link in the email to begin activating your account. For full directions, see the UWM KnowledgeBase article: How to activate your account.
- You do not need to have a LinkedIn account to use LinkedIn Learning. While activating your account you have the option to connect to an existing LinkedIn account, create a new LinkedIn account or skip connecting to a LinkedIn account.
- If you connect your LinkedIn account to LinkedIn Learning, it will make your photo, name, email address, title and company name part of your profile in UWM’s LinkedIn Learning system. UWM’s LinkedIn Learning system cannot see any of your LinkedIn browsing or job search history or any other personally identifiable information.
- If you connect your LinkedIn account to LinkedIn Learning, you must log into both accounts to access LinkedIn Learning. First you will be prompted for your ePantherID and password and then you will be prompted for your LinkedIn login and password.
What should I do if I do not get a notification email letting me know that my account migrated to LinkedIn Learning?I was in the middle of a course during the upgrade. Do I need to start over?I've shared links to Lynda.com courses to my students/colleagues. Will these links work after the upgrade?I've never used Lynda.com and I'm a new user to LinkedIn Learning. Where do I start?I was accessing Lynda.com using a UW Colleges account. Now what should I use?
- Your account will migrate to LinkedIn Learning on August 26, 2019. If you do not get an email notification on August 27, 2019 that your account migrated to LinkedIn Learning, first check your Clutter folder to see if the message is there. If the message is not in your Clutter folder, you can activate your account using the LinkedIn Learning Activation Link.
- You do not need to start the course over! Your course progress will carry over to LinkedIn Learning.
- Through the Fall 2019 semester, links from Lynda.com courses that end with ?org=uwm.edu will redirect to the same course in LinkedIn Learning. After Fall 2019, those links will no longer work and you will need to update them to LinkedIn Learning links. For more information, see the UWM KnowldegeBase article: Redirect and update links.
- Beginning on August 27, 2019, new users can access LinkedIn Learning. To start, click the link to log in to LinkedIn Learning at the top of this page. When creating a new account, you can choose to connect to your LinkedIn profile, create a new LinkedIn profile or skip connecting to LinkedIn. For full directions, see the UWM KnowledgeBase article: How to create a new account.
- Beginning on August 27, 2019 all users with an ePantherID and password should use LinkedIn Learning through UW-Milwaukee by clicking the button at the top of this page. If you were accessing Lynda.com with an ePantherID and password before August 26, 2019, your account will migrate to LinkedIn Learning. If you were using UW Colleges to access Lynda.com, your account will not migrate and you will need to create a new LinkedIn Learning account.