This report, when submitted, provides the University Safety and Assurances Department, Biological Safety Program, and the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) with information to ensure that proper actions have been taken, including appropriate medical care, and helps the University meet NIH reporting requirements.
- Use this form to report any and all potential exposures or releases of organisms or biological toxins on UWM main campus and its extension facilities, including the School of Freshwater Science, Global Water Accelerator, and the Innovation Accelerator.
- Reporting should be completed within 24 hours of the event, and is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator.
- Potential exposures include needle sticks, animal bites, aerosol exposures, and other incidents potentially resulting in disease.
- Potential releases include spills outside of primary containment as well as potential releases to the environment.
- Unauthorized releases of transgenic animals or plants should also be reported on this form.
- After completing this form, select “Submit” at the bottom of this form. The information on this form will be sent to the UWM Biological Safety Officer.
- Information on this form is used to determine how our offices may help you and your laboratory and for mandatory federal reporting purposes.
- The submitter will be contacted for incident follow-up.
- If you need assistance completing this form or reporting an incident, please call the Biological Safety Officer at 414-588-4261.
- If anyone was injured in the incident, please complete:
- Employee: Employee’s Work Injury and Illness Report
- Employer: Employer’s First Report of Injury or Disease
- Supervisor: Supervisor’s Accident Analysis and Prevention Report and Evaluation of Repetitive Motion and/or Materials Handling Activities
- Student Injuries: General Incident Report 300A2 for student injuries or incidents