Undergraduate Students

The Office of Undergraduate Admissions reviews applications for 11 UWM Online undergraduate programs and more than 20 certificate programs. Applications come from adult students beginning or completing a first degree and transfer students from other 4-year universities, technical colleges and other academic institutions.

Begin your application at the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Questions? Contact online@uwm.edu

Online admissions student doing homework in coffee shop
Online admissions student doing homework on a train

Transfer Students

As the top transfer destination in the UW System, UWM has experienced admissions counselors who provide friendly and knowledgeable support to admitted and prospective transfer students. Online students are encouraged to begin researching transfer options at least one semester in advance. Students with 12 or more recognized college credits may be considered for regular admission. Students with fewer credits may require additional evaluation.

Questions? Contact online@uwm.edu

Graduate Students

UWM Online’s award-winning combination of flexibility and dedicated faculty makes online learning ideal for graduate students with busy lives – whether they live in Milwaukee, elsewhere in Wisconsin or in another state or country.

Begin your online admissions process at the Graduate School.

Questions? Contact Gradschool@uwm.edu.

Online graduate student working
Online student working in plaza

Flex Option

Designed to make UW degrees and certificates more accessible, convenient and affordable for adults and nontraditional students, the UW Flexible Option includes self-paced, competency-based degree and certificate programs that allow students to make progress toward a bachelor’s degree by demonstrating what they have learned through prior coursework, military training, on-the-job training or other learning experiences. UWM’s flexible options include:

  • Bachelor’s degree for registered nurses who need additional college to qualify for higher professional credentials
  • Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences: diagnostic imaging degree completion program and a health sciences degree completion program
  • Bachelor’s degree in information science and technology
  • Certificate in business and technical communication

Questions? Contact flex@uwex.edu