Equity gaps stand in the way of success for students. M³ — which brings together Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee Area Technical College and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee to transform the future through education — is focused on eliminating these gaps.
The partnership has already helped increase MPS high school graduation rates, helped more students get prepared for college by completing the FAFSA, and increased the number of MPS graduates going directly to college.
In this M³ | Education Transformed webinar, a virtual event series, the leaders of Milwaukee’s three largest urban institutions of public education will share how they are strengthening their commitment to eliminate equity gaps amid the COVID-19 pandemic and related challenges. The series is co-sponsored by Advisory Board Members:
- JoAnne Anton, Director of Charitable Giving, Herb Kohl Philanthropies
- Ellen Gilligan, President and CEO, Greater Milwaukee Foundation
- Linda Gorens-Levey, Partner, General Capital
- Jackie Herd-Barber, Community Leader and Philanthropist
- Jose Olivieri, Partner, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Mark Sabljak, Founder/Owner, Sabljak & Budisch
- Tim Sheehy, President, Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce
- Julia Taylor, President, Greater Milwaukee Committee
Dr. Eve Hall, President and CEO of the Milwaukee Urban League, will moderate the one-hour event with MPS Superintendent Dr. Keith Posley, MATC President Dr. Vicki Martin and UWM Chancellor Dr. Mark Mone.