Anna Grau Schmidt
Music and Performing Arts Librarian
User Services - Teaching & Learning
- Library Instruction
- Collection Development: Music, Dance, Theatre
- MS/LIS, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- PhD, History of Music, University of Pennsylvania
- BA, College of William and Mary
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Edited with Lisa Colton, Female-Voice Song in the Middle Ages, Brill’s Companions to the Musical Culture of Medieval and Early Modern Europe (under contract).
- “’Jonete et Jolie’: Polyphony and Gendered Voices in the Old French Motet,” in Gender and Voice in Medieval French Literature and Lyric, ed. Katherine Kong and Rachel Golden (forthcoming).
- “The Pastourelle and the Jeu de Robin et Marion,” in Musical Culture in the World of Adam de la Halle, ed. Jennifer Saltzstein. Brill. (2019).
- “Thematic Clusters and Compilational Strategies in the Eighth Fascicle of the Montpellier Codex,” in The Montpellier Codex: The Final Fascicle, eds. Catherine Bradley and Karen Desmond. Boydell & Brewer (2018).
- “Hearing Voices: Heteroglossia, Homoglossia and the Old French Motet.” Musica Disciplina 58 (2013), 77-100.
- Information literacy in the arts
- Open Educational Resources
- Early music history
- Medieval culture