Health care is the largest and fastest changing industry in the United States, making up nearly 18% of the national gross domestic product. To make effective decisions, professionals working in the field must understand basic business principles and tools related to finance, information systems, strategic planning, human resource management and marketing.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) Minor in Health Care Administration gives you strong leadership abilities, including excellent communication and relationship management skills, diplomacy, collaboration and teamwork, adaptability and the ability to manage change and mentoring.
Why choose us?
- The UWM College of Health Sciences is Wisconsin’s largest college of health sciences. Our academic and clinical partners represent some of the best health care facilities and medical centers in the country.
- Our collaborative research and community engagement initiatives allow us to establish a distinguished presence in our region and beyond.
What can you do with a Minor in Health Care Administration?
In the field of Health Care Administration, you may be responsible for establishing and implementing the policies and objectives of a specific clinical or administrative department or service within a single facility, or an entire health care organization or system.
A Minor in Health Care Administration will prepare you to work in a variety of settings, including:
- Clinic/Medical group practice
- Hospital/Health system
- Home health/Hospice services
- Residential/Long-term care
- Insurance/Managed care
- Medical supply company
- Government Services
- University/Research Institution
Prerequisite CriteriaPrerequisite Criteria
|HS 102: Healthcare Delivery in the United States||F/S/SU||3|
|HCA 220: Leading Healthcare Professionals||F/S/SU||3|
|HS 311: Law for Healthcare Consumers and Professionals||S||3|
|HCA 333: Health Organizations Professional Practice Standards||S||2|
|HCA 537: Introduction to Healthcare Databases and Technologies||F||3|
|HCA 422: Human Resource Management in Healthcare Organizations||F||3|