Mission, Vision & Values
The Health Care Administration (HCA) Program at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee provides a comprehensive curriculum in health services administration to a diverse, highly-qualified student population. Faculty and active practitioners bring a breadth and depth of expertise to the delivery of courses in medical science, informatics, and management. The HCA Program enhances the quality of life of the residents of Wisconsin, in the advancement of the knowledge and the ability of healthcare professionals to lead their organizations, to serve their communities, and to improve the health status of their communities.
The HCA Program delivers state-of-the-art education to traditional and nontraditional students, preparing them for entry or mid-level management positions in group practice, ambulatory care, long-term care, hospitals, managed care, and other health-related organizations. We use innovative instructional methods to deliver excellent and consistent educational outcomes based on the needs of our industry and our constituency.
In pursuit of this vision, the HCA Program is guided by a commitment to the following values established by the College of Health Sciences:
- Integrity in all that we do
- Collaboration to achieve Excellence
- Diversity of thought, perspective and culture
- Accessibility to promote optimal engagement
In addition, the HCA Program recognizes the importance of the following values:
- Continuous improvement in the quality of work performed, and commitment to service
- Respect for the dignity of each individual
- Accountability of individual faculty, staff, and students to each other and our constituencies
- Fairness in matters involving students, faculty and staff
- Teamwork among students, faculty, staff, and alumni and openness to innovation and change