Contractual Period

Graduate Assistants are typically required to be in residence at UWM by the start of their contractual period, and during this period must be available to begin performing the requirements of their jobs, including preliminary meetings, trainings, or required orientations.

International Research Assistants should pay special attention to residency requirements during the contractual period, which can impact their visa status. Some external funding agencies also require residency.

The Secretary of the University maintains the academic calendar for UWM, including contractual period dates, and publicizes it here:

Previous Topic


Next Topic

Tax Status