Do you know about the great career or internship opportunities with German companies or UWM’s study abroad options in Germany? Would you like to learn more about Wisconsin’s connections with Germany? Have you thought about what learning German could mean for your future? Whether you are currently studying German or not – join us for the Opportunities Fair and find out!
3:00 – 4:15 pm: Stop by to learn about:
- the UWM German Program and the German Major, Minor, and Business Minor
- the Graduate Certificate and the MA in Translation and Interpreting Studies
- study abroad options through CIE and CIEE
- funding opportunities for study abroad or internships
- meet fellow students who have studied in Germany or completed internships using their German skills
- get personal advice from a Career Counselor at the UWM Career Planning and Resource Center
4:15 – 5:45 pm: Join us for a panel discussion with distinguished guests who will share their personal and professional experiences with Germany and the German language:
- James Doing, Freelance Translator (German to English)
- Sy Kreilein, Vice President of the Hessen-Wisconsin Society, Vice President of the Goethe House Wisconsin
- Frank Lammers, Principal, Milwaukee German Immersion School
- Geneva Scurek, Senior Manager, Apprenticeship Exams and the Certification at the German-American Chamber of Commerce
5:45 – 6:30 pm: Continue the discussion and mingle with the speakers and members of the German Program during the reception
This event is part of the project “Connect with the World: Find Out Where German Can Take You!” that is organized by the UWM German Program. It is made possible by the generous support of the Campaign “Wunderbar Together” funded by the German Foreign Office, supported by the Federation of German Industries (BDI), and implemented by the Goethe-Institut.
Do you have questions about the event? Please contact the organizers Prof. Bilić (email@example.com) & Prof. May-Chu (firstname.lastname@example.org)