- This event has passed.
Undergrad Session – What is Graduate School?
September 30, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
What is Graduate School? — Julie Bowles, Geosciences Graduate Advisor
9/30 Teams Link (or join us in Lapham N103)
Some Geosciences BS graduates choose to continue their studies in graduate school. The additional training can prepare you for a broader range of geoscience careers and provide some advantages in the job market. Before you make that decision, make sure you have the information you need! Please join us to learn more about what graduate school is and whether or not it makes sense for you.
- Do I need/want graduate school? What are the benefits? The downsides?
- How do I find a program that’s right for me?
- How do I (not) pay for it?
- How do I apply? / What makes a strong application?
- What can I do during my time at UWM to make my grad school application stronger?