There are several ways to help:
- Donate through the UWM Foundation: Head to UWM.edu/give, click “Give Now” and select “UWM Food Pantry.” This ensures your donation goes directly to the Food Pantry.
- The food pantry has set up an Amazon wishlist also for those wishing to order much-needed supplies to help out during the COVID-19 crisis.
- From time to time the Food Pantry will be posting high need items on social media. Folks can just order from their own Amazon account and have it delivered to 2200 E Kenwood Blvd., ATTN: Food Center & Pantry, Milwaukee, WI 53211.
Items currently most needed are:
- Menstrual products
- Toilet paper
- Laundry detergent
- Ready-to-eat meals
- Spices and cooking oils
- Culturally affirming foods
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Shelf-stable milk products
- Canned fruits, beans, soups, peas, corn and potatoes
- Canned chicken & tuna
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Pasta and sauce
- Snacks (granola bars, nuts, chips)
- Soap, shampoo and conditioner
The UWM food pantry is open, but because supplies are limited, distribution is restricted solely to UWM students who are in need of food. Contactless, curbside distribution at the UWM Student Union will take place every Thursday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Patrons will receive a bag with roughly one week’s worth of food. Special bags are available for these dietary restrictions: nut free, gluten free, pork free, vegetarian and vegan. Check back here or at uwm.edu/studentassociation/uwmfcp/ for the most up-to-date information.