We hope that all members of the UWM community are doing their part to slow the spread COVID-19. Simple steps like washing hands for at least 20 seconds, maintaining social distancing and wearing a face covering can help keep you and your friends and family safe.
UWM does have space available for University Housing residents if they must go into isolation or quarantine. Meals can be delivered, and the Dean of Students Office can help students make accommodations for coursework if needed.
Students can prepare for the possibility of going into quarantine or isolation by taking the following steps:
- Make sure your cell phone number is updated on your MyHousing portal.
- Stock up on nonperishable snacks, microwaveable meals, and bottled water in case you must remain in your room or move to an isolation space.
- Make sure you’re doing laundry regularly – if you need to go into isolation/quarantine, you won’t have access to laundry facilities.
- Continue to clean your room and suite regularly using cleaning supplies that will kill the virus – if you need to borrow cleaning supplies, please visit your building’s service desk.
You can also have luggage or a duffel bag packed and ready in case you need to move quickly into isolation or quarantine for a 14-day period. You are encouraged to pack the following items into your “go bag” to bring with you to the temporary space:
- Important papers (your I.D., insurance information)
- Prescription medications
- Non-prescription medications (pain relievers, fever reducers)
- Cold/flu helpers (tissues, cough drops, thermometer)
- Nonperishable snacks, microwaveable meals, & bottled water
- Dishes and utensils for eating microwaveable meals
- Cloth face coverings
- Electronic devices, charging equipment, etc.
- Multiple changes of clothing/sleep apparel for 14 days
- Toiletries (deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, soap/body wash, body lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- Prescription eyeglasses and/or contact lens solution
- Personal hygiene items
- Paper or notebook and pen/pencil
- Books, games, puzzles or other activities
Do not bring appliances, personal furniture, or personal cleaning supplies.