Numerous changes were made to Canvas and the Digital Learning Environment from May to August 2020. All of these changes were in response to participation in the Canvas Community and to improve the student and instructor experience against the backdrop of the global COVID-19 pandemic.
- Announcements: View current and past announcements using Global Announcements when you click “Account”.
- Assignments: Bulk edit assignment dates.
- Collaborate Ultra:
- Moderators can choose to enable a profanity filter for chat in English and Spanish.
- Session owners, instructor and administrators can always download recordings even if “Allow recording downloads” is unchecked.
- Presenters can share more than one camera at a time in a session.
- Poll responses from a session can be downloaded.
- Commons: View popular Help topics from Commons.
- External Tools: Integrations are available upon request for FlatWorld Homework and APA Publishing.
- Modules/Homepage: Upload multiple files at once directly from Modules.
- Navigation: Links are available to UWM’s Campus Remote Lab. SOIS instructors can add a link to the SOIS Virtual Lab as well.
- Notifications: Enable and disable notifications, and set granular notification preferences by course.
- Pages: Delete multiple pages while in the Pages tool.
- Proctorio: Use Proctorio with McGraw-Hill Connect natively. For more information, see the Proctorio Support KB article.
- People: Hide the Sections column when more than one section is in a course.
Note that release information provided here may cover features that are not available for various reasons to UWM or other UW System institutions.