On October 17, a number of changes will be made in the Canvas LMS, the hub of the UW System Digital Learning Environment at UWM. Also included in this article is updates to Collaborate Ultra, and changes made to Canvas in September.
- Instructors: New CSV reports are available of the New Analytics tool: missing assignments, late assignments, excused assignments, class roster, and course activity data.
- A Recent History icon now shows recently visited pages.
- Collaborate Ultra now shows the status of recording processing. (This change was made on October 8).
- Equation rendering in Canvas is now performed by MathJax, a popular library to enable more consistent equation rendering and accessibility improvements.
To learn more about this Canvas update, and to see how the changes may affect instructors’ and students’ work, refer to the audience-specific release note links.
- Canvas Release Notes for Instructors – Faculty, teaching staff, teaching assistants, graders, and instructional designers
- Canvas Release Notes for Administrators – Campus, school and college support professionals; administrators and IT professionals
- Comprehensive Release Notes – Contains all information for all audiences related to this release
- Collaborate Ultra Release Notes