From October 27 to 29, 2018, Canvas will receive a number of improvements and updates as part of the regularly-scheduled three-week upgrade cycle by Instructure. Updates are made regularly to bring new features, improve user experience, and fix bugs. Such updates do not typically result in downtime and may occur at any time.
- The new Analytics tool presents a dashboard showing student participation and progress for courses. CSV files can be exported and students can be emailed based on their progress. The Analytics tool is in the beta phase of software development. Canvas is requesting feedback from instructors on how to improve the tool and for bug reports.
- General release notes for Analytics LTI Beta – includes instructions on how to enable tool
- Analytics BETA User Guide
- Submit Analytics BETA feedback to Canvas to help improve the product
- Updates to students’ course dashboard when in List View and to the sidebar when in the default Card View
- New feature options for Anonymous Grading History and Moderated Grading in SpeedGrader, which instructors have the option to enable in a course through Settings > Feature Options.
To learn more about this Canvas update, and to see how the changes may affect instructors’ and students’ work, refer to the audience-specific release note links.
- Canvas Release Notes for Students – Students, guests, and student academic support professionals
- Canvas Release Notes for Instructors – Faculty, teaching staff, teaching assistants, graders, and instructional designers
- Canvas Release Notes for Administrators – Campus, school and college support professionals; administrators and IT professionals