Starting June 1, 2019, Canvas will receive a number of improvements and updates as part of the regularly-scheduled upgrade cycle by Instructure. Updates are made regularly to bring new features, improve user experience, and fix bugs. Such updates do not typically result in downtime.
- Gradebook: when using the “Message Students Who” feature, student names are sorted by last name.
- Inbox: when composing messages in a thread, the X to delete messages has been removed for accessibility purposes. To delete, open the message, then click Settings.
- Quizzes.Next – Please note that Quizzes.Next is not fully supported at this time. Before using Quizzes.Next, contact CETL or your school/college support.
- The calculator tool can be enabled for entire quizzes, and no longer needs to be enabled question-by-question.
- Scientific notation may be used in Numeric questions.
- Copy course information between PAWS courses, Continuing Education courses, and Training/Development courses using the “Import Course Content” feature, rather than exporting and importing.
- Final grade override will be enabled at a future date. This feature may be used to provide an adjusted grade for students in the New Gradebook. An announcement will be made on the UWM Canvas website when this feature is enabled.
- The final grade override will be visible to all individuals with grading rights in a course (Teacher, TA Grader, Grader, administrative roles).
- The final grade override can be exported as a final grade to PAWS when the feature is available to UWM instructors.
To learn more about this Canvas update, and to see how the changes may affect instructors’ and students’ work, refer to the audience-specific release note links.
- Canvas Release Notes for Students – Students, guests, and student academic support professionals
- Canvas Release Notes for Instructors – Faculty, teaching staff, teaching assistants, graders, and instructional designers
- Canvas Release Notes for Administrators – Campus, school and college support professionals; administrators and IT professionals
- Comprehensive release notes – Contains all information for all audiences related to this release