Starting April 4, 2020, Instructure will deploy a set of “Ready Releases” to Canvas. To provide more immediate support for instructors teaching online, Ready Releases introduce new and updated features or adjusted user functionality every week. This is temporary and in-response to COVID-19 so instructors and institutions can receive changes faster than regularly-scheduled monthly updates from Instructure.
- Commons: URL Sharing
- New Analytics: Analytics Chart Tabs
- User Navigation: Teacher Mobile App Login QR Code
Commons: URL Sharing
Commons resources pages include a button to copy the resource link.
This change allows instructors to share Commons resources via URL outside of Canvas.
New Analytics: Analytics Chart Tabs
The New Analytics chart viewing options have been changed from drop-down menus to page tabs.
This change provides easier navigation between analytics data and provides consistency between the Course and Student views.
User Navigation: Teacher Mobile App Login QR Code
Instructor roles can use a QR code to log in to the Canvas Teacher App.
This change helps instructors more easily log in to the Canvas Teacher App without having to know their Canvas URL.
A number of language changes and bug fixes are also being released in this update. The changes listed here have a significant effect on UWM’s Canvas users
- People who use their non-UWM/UW System username and password to login to the Continuing Education Canvas site will receive clearer instructions when resetting their password.
Review the Canvas deploy notes to learn more about these changes.
To learn more about this Canvas update, and to see how the changes may affect instructors’ and students’ work, refer to the audience-specific release note links.
- Canvas Release Notes for Students – Students, guests, and student academic support professionals
- Canvas Release Notes for Instructors – Faculty, teaching staff, teaching assistants, graders, and instructional designers
- Canvas Release Notes for Administrators – Campus, school and college support professionals; administrators and IT professionals
- Canvas Release Notes for Observers – Guests of courses, presenters and other limited access course participants
- Comprehensive Ready Release Notes – Contains all information for all audiences related to this release