Faculty & Staff
- Pam Akers
Academic Department Specialist
- Shahla M. Anders, M Ed, MLS(ASCP)CM
Clinical Assistant Professor
- Anthony Azenabor, PhD, CS (ASCP)
- Cindy Brown, M Ed, MLS (ASCP)CM
Clinical Associate Professor, Undergraduate Director/Education Coordinator
- Daniel Cordas, BS RT(R)
- Lora de Oliveira, MPH, MBA
Outreach Program Manager II
- Brad DePons, MLS(ASCP)CM
Clinical Instructor, Laboratory Manager
- Jennifer A. Doll, PhD
- Janis Eells, PhD
- Raymond Fleming, PhD
- Margaret Hirschfeld, BS, RTR M
Clinical Assistant Professor, Radiologic Technology Clinical Coordinator
- Melissa Klug, BS, RDMS (AB,OB/HYN), RVT
Clinical Instructor, Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program Clinical Coordinator
- Elizabeth Liedhegner, PhD
Laboratory Manager II
- Jeri-Anne Lyons, PhD
Associate Professor, Associate Dean for Academic & Student Affairs
- Dean T. Nardelli, PhD
Associate Professor, Graduate Program Coordinator
- Jissell Pena-Blaschke
University Services Associate
- Melissa Riter, MS
- Amanda Smith, MS, RDMS, RVT, RT(R)
Clinical Assistant Professor, Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program Director
- Susan Stalewski, MBA, MLS (ASCP)
Clinical Associate Professor, Director of Academic Initiatives and Planning
- Jayne Wisniewski, M Ed, RT(R)
Clinical Assistant Professor, Radiologic Technology Program Director
Mission, Vision & Values
To be a national leader in the generation, dissemination, and application of knowledge that advances the science and practice of our integrated health related disciplines.
We envision the Department of Biomedical Sciences as providing:
Our faculty and staff will educate students in order to produce professional practitioners, educators, and researchers who are uniquely prepared for the dynamic environment of health and are recognized by employers as being of the highest quality. To this end our academic programs will be flexible, current and responsive to the changes in the health environment and the needs of the community and our students.
Our faculty and staff will produce recognized research that influences the science, practice, policy, and administration of health services. In order to be nationally recognized as a leader in the generation of knowledge, we will recruit, develop, and maintain high quality researchers/faculty.
Commitment to Service
Our faculty and staff will commit to providing service that enhances the missions of our Department, College, University, and the health professions. Our sphere of influence will impact local, state, and global communities.
The Department is committed to achieving its mission and vision by:
- Respecting and valuing a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Valuing an interdisciplinary focus of its programs that reflect the nature of the health environment.
- Valuing the mutual enrichment of the University and community through the transformation of knowledge & experience.
- Supporting the integration of principles of health promotion and disease prevention in all areas of study.