Professional Development and Outreach Programs
At the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare, we believe in the importance of continuing education. Our dynamic professional development programs will prepare you for the challenges found in both social work and criminal justice settings. Dedicated faculty and community practitioners teach an array of courses that blend theory and practice while covering topics that are relevant to you.
We will work with you to develop onsite courses specifically tailored to your agency. Everyone in your agency – administrators, staff, social workers and paraprofessionals – can benefit from the custom programming of our faculty and experts. If you’re interested in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
Expertise in many areas
HBSSW faculty members and community practitioners are helping individuals, families and communities to thrive. We are taking the lead with partnering agencies to address issues including trauma-informed care, homeless veterans, adult caregivers, children who help care for adults and addictions.
Onsite courses help your staff learn in a comfortable setting. Professionals earn CEH credits and benefit from receiving the most up-to-date information about a specific area in their field.
- Training for Adoption Competency (TAC)
- A grant from Jockey International Foundation covers the cost for participants from 2016-2018.
- TAC is a licensed post-graduate training program leading to the acquisition of greater skills in providing services to adopted persons, birth families, prospective adoptive parents, adoptive families, and kinship families.
- 72 CEHs
- Find out more about TAC.
Interested in having an onsite program presented at your agency?
Please fill out the form below:
- Social Work Ethics in Supervision, Administration and Macro Practice
Jan. 24, 2020
- School Social Work Praxis Exam
Jan. 24, 2020
- Training for Adoption Competency
Jan. 31, 2020 – June 26, 2020
Application deadline: Dec. 4, 2019
- Do you want to be the first to hear about upcoming programs? Email Mary Heller to join our mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org