Professional Development and Outreach Programs
At the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare, we believe in the importance of continuing education. Our dynamic professional development programs will prepare you for the challenges found in both social work and criminal justice settings. Dedicated faculty and community practitioners teach an array of courses that blend theory and practice while covering topics that are relevant to you.
We will work with you to develop onsite courses specifically tailored to your agency. Everyone in your agency – administrators, staff, social workers and paraprofessionals – can benefit from the custom programming of our faculty and experts. If you’re interested in this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
Expertise in many areas
HBSSW faculty members and community practitioners are helping individuals, families and communities to thrive. We are taking the lead with partnering agencies to address issues including trauma-informed care, homeless veterans, adult caregivers, children who help care for adults and addictions.
Onsite courses help your staff learn in a comfortable setting. Professionals earn CEH credits and benefit from receiving the most up-to-date information about a specific area in their field.
- Training for Adoption Competency (TAC)
- A grant from Jockey International Foundation covers the cost for participants from 2016-2018.
- TAC is a licensed post-graduate training program leading to the acquisition of greater skills in providing services to adopted persons, birth families, prospective adoptive parents, adoptive families, and kinship families.
- 72 CEHs
- Find out more about TAC.
Interested in having an onsite program presented at your agency?
Please fill out the form below:
- LGBTQ+ Populations and Aging
Dec. 7, 2018
- Advocating for Older Adults as They Navigate the Complex World of Healthcare
Jan. 11, 2019
- Social Work Field Instructor Orientation & Training Seminar
Jan. 25, 2019
- Traumatic Dissociation
Jan. 25, 2019
- Ethics and Boundaries in a World of Technology
Feb. 8, 2019
- LCSW Exam Preparation Workshop
Feb. 15, 2019
- Launching Your Clinical and Consulting Practice and Making it Thrive
March 1, 2019
- Effects of Tai Chi Exercise on Motor Function in Older Adults
March 1, 2019
- The Importance of Health Literacy When Working with Older Adults
April 26, 2019
- Connecting to the Future: Using the Power of the Mind and Relationships to Positively Impact the Aging Process
May 17, 2019
- Trauma Informed Principles – Creating Healing Relationships in Practice
June 6, 2019
- Social Isolation and Connection: Opportunities for Communication Technologies
June 14, 2019
- Training for Adoption Competency
Sept. 7, 2018 – Feb. 22, 2019
- Do you want to be the first to hear about upcoming programs? Join our mailing list to receive the latest information.