- PhD Student, Social Work
Lane M. Morein is an advanced practice social worker with a background in LGBTQ+ advocacy and social justice. She works in health care as a care manager for adults with physical disabilities, severe and persistent mental health concerns, and AODA challenges.
Her professional experiences include facilitating peer-based support groups for LGBTQ+ youth from ages 14-18, along with transition aged college LGBTQ+ young people. She also has a background in corrections social work, having supervised inpatient and outpatient community corrections treatment programs. Lane has provided cognitive behavioral treatment for individuals reintegrating into the community from prisons and jails. She has worked with Chapter 980 sex offenders as a case manager and supportive living services provider for a collaborative, intensive supervised released program with Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
- MSW, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, 2018
- BSW, Social Work, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, 2017
- Harm reduction methods and interventions for intravenous drug users;
- The development of evidence-based interventions to lessen health disparities in transgender prison populations;
- Harm reduction programs constructed to offer social support and an enhanced sense of safety;
- The impact of heteronormative and cisnormative cultures on health disparities in LGBTQ+ individuals;
- The overrepresentation of people of color in the criminal justice system;
- The effectiveness of sex offender treatment in individuals with high psychopathy;
- The effectiveness of city and county housing boards in increasing community safety as it pertains to sex offender residences;
- The development of transitional living programs that truly assist and support sex offenders in achieving community reintegration;
- The development of community corrections programs that utilize trauma informed care in treatment modalities.
Substance Abuse Counselor Certificate, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Advanced Practice Social Work Certificate, State of Wisconsin licensure, April 2019
- Trained in CIBSA and ASAM
- Member of the board of directors for Fair Wisconsin, a non-profit LGBTQ+ advocacy and education organization in Madison, Wisconsin.