- Senior Lecturer, Social Work
Kristina Chudy joined the faculty in the Social Work Department at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 2022, and teaches both undergraduate and graduate level courses. She has also served as an adjunct instructor in the program.
Kristina has more than 15 years of direct practice experience as an advanced practice social worker and case manager in the Milwaukee area, and has worked with diverse populations and age groups across the lifespan. She has worked in long-term care settings with older adults, and served as an ongoing case manager in child welfare.
Kristina also worked ten years in health care as a social worker in a family practice clinic serving patients of all backgrounds with varying biopsychosocial needs. She held various roles in this setting, including case manager, prenatal care coordinator, certified application counselor for insurance enrollment, Screening Intervention & Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) provider, and on-site coordinator of the Reach Out & Read Program.
- MSW, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 2008
- BSW, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 2007
- Case management
- Social work in health care settings
- Motivational interviewing
- Screening, Brief Intervention, & Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
- Human development across the lifespan
- Social determinants of health