The Milwaukee Partners in Giving Campaign (formerly SECC) represents an opportunity to make a difference in numerous agencies and charities. Last year, current and former UWM faculty, staff and alumni combined to collect $100,000 in cash and in-kind contributions! This year, the goal is to increase that amount while also engaging more people from the campus community in the campaign.
With 10 federation groups representing almost 400 charities, the ability to make an informed donation is tremendous. Remember, the campaign is not about one federation group, but a way to collectively demonstrate the strength of our campus through the individual selection of an agency that you would like to support. Please review the information provided below for a great summary of each umbrella group, agency/charity, as well as information regarding the process.
It’s Easy To Give
You can choose to give via a payroll deduction or simply make a one-time gift. Your school, college or department may also have special events designed to raise money for the campaign. Plus, you can pick where the money you donate goes!
- To the federation group of your choice
- To any of the agencies listed on the pledge form and the online giving site
- To all of the federations and agencies listed on the pledge form
Instructions for Making a Pledge
You can choose between two methods of contributing:
- Payroll Deduction (Payroll Deduction begins in early 2020 and will continue on all subsequent payrolls until commitment is met)
- Direct Pledge (Cash, Check payable to United Way – CMO, or credit card)
And don’t forget you can do it online today – online options include both a payroll deduction or a gift via credit or debit card
There are three ways you can choose to distribute your gift:
- To one or more of the federation groups listed on the pledge form
(Pledge Card Option A)
- To one or more of the agencies listed on the pledge form
(Pledge Card Option B)
- To the Employees’ Campaign Fund
(Pledge Card Option C)
A pledge to the Campaign Fund will be shared by the 10 federation groups. Undesignated funds are distributed according to the percentage of designated funds received by teach federation. Each umbrella group distributes designated funds. The funding and allocation of money to agencies in each of the umbrella groups varies due to the diverse nature and purpose of each.
Your gift is tax deductible as allowed by federal and state tax laws. All organizations are non-profit.
If you have any questions about how to pledge or the SECC’s represented agencies and charities, please call 414-229-4451.