Grievance Procedures

All Graduate Assistants, including Teaching Assistants, may submit an employment-related grievance for a matter of concern or dissatisfaction relating to the conditions of employment. Grievances should be filed according to the steps defined in the Graduate Assistant Employment Grievance Process.

Grievances may be filed either by an individual Graduate Assistant or by a group of assistants. Assistants are strongly encouraged to discuss complaints with their immediate supervisor and make every effort to resolve the complaint prior to filing a grievance. Complaints not resolved by discussion between the employee and their supervisor, or director or department chair may be submitted as grievances.

Next Topic