Animal Research

UWM has policies related to research involving animals. All animals involved in research must be included in a protocol approved by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee. Researchers who work with animals must take part in the Animal Care Program Certification Process, as well as the Occupational Health Program. The supervisor of any Research Assistant working with animals must refer them to these and any other required training or certification.

For more information, see the Animal Care Program at University Safety and Assurances website.