Employment Grievances

Graduate Assistants have the right to file employment-related grievances on matters of concern or dissatisfaction related to the conditions of employment. Grievances may be filed either by an individual Graduate Assistant or a group thereof. Graduate Assistants are strongly encouraged to discuss complaints with their immediate supervisor and make every effort to resolve the complaint prior to filing a grievance.

The Office of Human Resources manages assistants’ employment related grievances, with the assistance of the Dean of the Graduate School. Assistants considering a grievance should review the Graduate Assistant Employment Grievance Procedure carefully before doing so.