- Laboratory Manager, Biomedical Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program Coordinator
- MS Biomedical Sciences (Immunology), University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 2015
- BS Biology (Cell and Molecular Biology), Winona State University, Winona, Minnesota, 2011
Interests & Expertise
Melissa Tesch's professional interest lies in immunology, focusing on when the immune system malfunctions such as in autoimmunity in diseases like multiple sclerosis and lupus. She is a member of the American Association of Immunologists.
Tesch plays a central role within the Multiple Sclerosis Laboratory, researching the immune response in multiple sclerosis. She is responsible for performing experiments to further research goals in the lab, optimizing protocols, analyzing data, helping students in the lab perform their research, and maintaining lab inventory
Additionally, she maintains the animal colony for research animals, mouse handling, ELISA, primary cell culture, and flow cytometry.
- American Association of Immunologists