Join a Panther Prowl Team
Building a team is a great way to participate in the 5K Run/Walk with friends, family, and co-workers, while keeping each other motivated!
Find your team from the list below, or start a new team.
- Team Captains should register first, enter your chosen team name under “Affiliation / Team Name,” and choose “Yes” when asked if you are the team captain.
- Teams Captains will receive the Prowl Team Captain Tool Kit, delivered to you in person or electronically. The Tool Kit includes important dates, recruitment tools, Homecoming information and map, registration guide and much more.
- Next, recruit team members! New team members can easily sign up for your team by clicking the “Register for your team” button located on your TEAM STATUS page. Clicking on your TEAM STATUS page will allow you to see who has joined your team in real-time.
As a student, you and your team have access to special campus resources. Do you want to run a 5K, but don’t know where to start? University Recreation is offering running fitness assessments and training programs for students interested in training for the Panther Prowl. During your 30-minute appointment, you and a personal trainer will discuss your running history, current workout habits, and future goals. Based on your discussion, the personal trainer will provide you with a four or six-week 5K training program as well as some general fitness tips. Or, maybe group classes are more your style. Group X offers a wide variety of fun, safe and effective classes to meet the needs of participants and help you reach your fitness goals. Our highly trained, certified instructors provide a welcoming environment and a fun & motivating workout experience! All classes include modifications for all fitness levels.
Exercise is Medicine® on Campus (EIM-OC) is a program calling upon universities and colleges to engage in the promotion of physical activity as a vital sign of health. EIM-OC encourages faculty, staff and students to work together toward improving the health and well-being of the campus community by:
- Making movement a part of the daily campus culture
- Assessing physical activity at every student health visit
- Providing students the tools necessary to strengthen healthy physical activity habits that can last a lifetime
- Connecting university health care providers with university health fitness specialists to provide a referral system for exercise prescription
UWM offers several ways for staff and students to stay active throughout the year. If you’d like to learn more about the EIM-OC program or UWM health and wellness offerings, contact Christy Greenleaf.