You are welcome to walk in to the Center without an appointment although we highly recommend you make one to guarantee a tutor will be available when you arrive. The Center becomes busier as the semester goes on, so we suggest that you make appointments as far in advance of your due dates as possible.
We recognize that we all learn in different ways. Please contact the director Margaret Mika about your individual learning needs and how the Center can best accommodate them: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a 25 or 50-minute appointment with a Writing Center tutor in these ways:
- Best option! Make an Appointment Online. Click on any white squares (available times) on the online schedule to reserve a time. To log into the schedule, you will need to first register your UWM email address. Click the link above; the registration link will be at the top of the next page in blue letters.
- Call if you need help making an appointment: 414-229-4339.
- Stop by the Writing Center (Curtin 127 or Library East Wing). If a tutor is available, he/she will assist you immediately. Be advised that tutors are often busy with writers who have scheduled appointments, so you may have to wait.
- Please do not email your paper ahead of time. Before we read along with you, we’ll want to hear about your assignment, your concerns, and your goals. We always work collaboratively in real time. Whether in person or online, your voice and your choices are always part of our conversation.
- Due to our high demand and finite resources, writers are welcome to reserve up to 2 hours per week. Beyond that, walk-ins are welcome within reason, based on the Writing Center’s schedule and on administrators’ discretion.
- For pedagogical and practical reasons, writers may schedule no more than 1 visit per day even if a tutor is available.
If you cannot keep your appointment, please cancel online as a courtesy to other writers and Writing Center staff. Thank you.