Call 414-229-4716 and talk to the phone triage nurse when you develop a cold or flu, or call to make an appointment if any of the following apply to you:
- You have bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, heart disease, or any other chronic condition that is worsened by the cold or flu.
- You have a temperature of 102 or higher, and the fever has been present more than three days.
- You have white spots on your tonsils, the gland is your neck are swollen, and you do not have a cough. Or, if there has been a recent known exposure to strep throat.
- Your neck feels sore or stiff.
- You have pain along the side(s) of the chest or shortness of breath. (mid chest pain is common in colds and flu and can be treated with humidity.).
- You have pain over the cheekbone or above theyeyes, and you are blowing dark green mucus from the nose.
- You have severe ear pain.
- You note a change in mental status such as confusion, slow thinking, or excessive sleepiness.
- You have a cough that lasts a week longer than other symptoms, or you are coughing up bloody or dark green mucus.