- This event has passed.
You Can Help! Prevent Suicide.
September 28 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
You Can Help! Prevent Suicide. is a bystander intervention program that enables students to help fellow students experiencing emotional distress and/or thoughts of suicide. Through this program, students will:
- become familiar with some basic facts related to college student mental health,
- understand the warning signs of emotional distress and suicide,
- be prepared to support someone in emotional distress or crisis,
- learn how to refer fellow students to the appropriate resources, and
- understand some strategies for increasing resiliency and engaging in self-care.
To find more information, additional session dates/times, and to register for the training visit the You Can Help! Prevent Suicide website.