UWM at Waukesha has two types of employment available for students on campus:
Work-Study Employment: Work-study is a federal student aid program that is based on need and awarded as part of the total financial aid package. A FAFSA application must be completed to be considered for the Federal Work-Study Program. Check your UWM PAWS account to see if you qualify, or reach out to the Career and Internship Coordinator for help. You must be enrolled in at least 6 credits during the semester for these on-campus jobs.
Regular Employment: These jobs are available to all students enrolled in at UWM at Waukesha. Work-study is not a requirement for these on-campus jobs.
Find and apply for all on-campus positions on Handshake:
- Go to https://uwm.joinhandshake.com/
- Click the white button labeled University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee 1Login
- Enter your UWM epantherID and password
- Answer the preliminary questions to set your career plan preferences.
- We recommend completing your profile. Click on your name in the top right corner, then “My Profile”.
- Search “UW-Milwaukee at Waukesha on Campus Employment Office” in the search bar on your account to view the current, open on-campus positions.
Off-Campus Employment: Log onto Handshake to also view off-campus jobs and internships.
Have questions about on and off-campus employment?
- Schedule an appointment with the Career and Internship Program Coordinator, Alex Lawver for help.