UWM at Waukesha has two types of employment available for students on campus:
Work-Study Employment: Work-study is a federal student aid program that is based on need and awarded as part of the total financial aid package. A FAFSA application must be completed to be considered for the Federal Work-Study Program. Check your UWM PAWS account to see if you qualify, or reach out to the Career and Internship Coordinator for help. You must be enrolled in at least 6 credits during the semester for these on-campus jobs.
Regular Employment: These jobs are available to all students enrolled in at UWM at Waukesha. Work-study is not a requirement for these on-campus jobs.Current Student Job Openings
- Campus Ambassador:
- lead campus tours for groups of prospective students and guests
- assist with campus recruitment events as well as campus-wide events
- assist with event preparation
- campus ambassadors need to have strong verbal communication skills and comfortable presenting to groups of people
- Math Tutor:
- tutor students in math courses
- expected to work at least 4 hours per week
- tutors need to be patient, personable, with the ability to take initiative and have the desire to learn
Find and apply for on-campus positions on Handshake:
- Go to https://uwm.joinhandshake.com/
- Click the white button labeled University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee 1Login
- Enter your UWM epantherID and password
- Answer the preliminary questions to set your career plan preferences.
- We recommend completing your profile. Click on your name in the top right corner, then “My Profile”.
- Search “UW-Milwaukee at Waukesha on Campus Employment Office” in the search bar on your account to view the current, open on-campus positions.
Log onto Handshake to also view off-campus jobs and internships.
Have questions about on and off-campus employment?
- Schedule an appointment with the Career and Internship Program Coordinator, Alex Lawver for help.