Free tutoring is available to currently enrolled students at UWM at Washington County. Our goal is to enhance student learning outside the classroom. Tutors are available for writing, math and other academic areas based on student need. Tutors are not available during the summer, Winterim or when classes are not in session.
Tutoring services are available in the Learning Commons, Room L279 (second floor). The College Life Exploration Center in Room 308 (third floor) also offers resources, including peer mentoring by Phi Theta Kappa members, a study space, computers and printer, the Mental Health Counseling Office, academic advising and career exploration resources.
One-on-one tutoring and study groups are available.
- Bring all relevant materials to the tutoring session including textbooks, syllabuses, class notes, assignments, etc.
- Plan to be an active participant in your session with the tutor.
- Academic success requires that you attend class, read assignments, take class notes and attempt homework problems.
- Please keep in mind that tutors are not homework machines and may not have answers to all of your questions.
Interested in Becoming a Peer Tutor?
Tutors are hired because they have an interest in helping others and have been recommended by faculty as good candidates. All tutors must go through a mandatory training session and maintain their own academic success.
- Scott’s YouTube Channel (brief instructional videos for some MAT 091, 103 and 105 topics)
- Khan Academy (brief instructional videos)
- PatrickJMT (brief instructional videos)
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (comprehensive resource for academic writing including MLA and APA)
- Grammar Girl (Useful, easy to follow grammar tips)
- University of North Carolina Writing Center Tips & Tools (Handouts and video tutorials)