UWM at Washington County has two types of employment available for students on campus:
Work-Study Employment: Work-study is a federal student aid program that is based on need and awarded as part of the total financial aid package. A FAFSA application must be completed to be considered for the Federal Work-Study Program. Check your UWM PAWS account to see if you qualify, or reach out to the Career and Internship Coordinator for help. You must be enrolled in at least 6 credits during the semester for these on-campus jobs.
Regular Employment: These jobs are available to all students enrolled in at UWM at Washington County. Work-study is not a requirement for these on-campus jobs. Please reach out to the UWM at Washington County Solution Center for questions and inquiries by emailing email@example.com or calling 262-335-5201.Current Student Job Openings
Solution Center Front Desk Worker
Do you take an interest in helping people and your fellow students navigate their college experience successfully? Be a part of great team and truly make a difference! Get to know all of the intricacies of how college “works”. Good pay, flexible schedule, year-round hours available, and outstanding resume addition.
- Greet students and visitors, assist with answering general questions, and help students; ex. how to access student accounts like PAWS, Canvas, and Navigate
- Assist with answering and transferring phone questions
- Assist with projects as assigned
- Smile 😊
Email Brittany Schmidt: firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in the Solution Center if interested! Ask if you are Work Study eligible!
Find and apply for on-campus positions on Handshake:
- Go to https://uwm.joinhandshake.com/
- Click the white button labeled University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee 1Login
- Enter your UWM epantherID and password
- Answer the preliminary questions to set your career plan preferences.
- We recommend completing your profile. Click on your name in the top right corner, then “My Profile”.
- Search “UW-Milwaukee at Washington County on Campus Employment Office” in the search bar on your account to view the current, open on-campus positions.
Log onto Handshake to also view off-campus jobs and internships.
Have questions about on and off-campus employment?
- Schedule an appointment with the Career and Internship Program Coordinator, Alex Lawver for help.