UWM at Washington County has two types of employment available for students on campus:
Work-Study Employment: Work-study is a federal student aid program that is based on need and awarded as part of the total financial aid package. A FAFSA application must be completed to be considered for the Federal Work-Study Program. Check your UWM PAWS account to see if you qualify, or reach out to the Career and Internship Coordinator for help. You must be enrolled in at least 6 credits during the semester for these on-campus jobs.
Regular Employment: These jobs are available to all students enrolled in at UWM at Washington County. Work-study is not a requirement for these on-campus jobs. Please reach out to the UWM at Washington County Solution Center for questions and inquiries by emailing email@example.com or calling 262-335-5201.Current Student Job Openings
Solution Center Front Desk Worker
Do you take an interest in helping people and your fellow students navigate their college experience successfully? Be a part of great team and truly make a difference! Get to know all of the intricacies of how college “works”. Good pay, flexible schedule, year-round hours available, and outstanding resume addition.
- Greet students and visitors, assist with answering general questions, and help students; ex. how to access student accounts like PAWS, Canvas, and Navigate
- Assist with answering and transferring phone questions
- Assist with projects as assigned
- Smile 😊
Email Brittany Schmidt: firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in the Solution Center if interested! Ask if you are Work Study eligible!
Summer Youth Camp Coordinator
Assist in the oversight of our GSK Science in the Summer event and our STEM Summer University programs!
The main duties this person will be charged with:
- Registration and check-in of students
- Communication with parents and instructors
- Assistance in the classrooms (to include behavior redirection and instruction assistance)
- Break relief for instructors
- Hours will be full time, primarily M-F with an occasional Saturday.
- Pay rate is $12-$15/hour depending on experience.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
- lead campus tours for groups of prospective students and guests
- assist with campus recruitment events as well as campus-wide events
- assist with event preparation
- other duties as assigned
- verbal communication and presentation skills
- leadership skills
- ability to take initiative when working independently
- familiarity with the Washington County campus
- positive and welcoming attitude
- Be a reliable resource for incoming students by welcoming them, giving tours, facilitating activities, assisting at New Student Orientations (NSO) and Panther Academic Welcome (PAW).
- Attend Welcome Week activities.
- *Many aspects of orientation will be virtual, and your training will reflect that.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find and apply for on-campus positions on Handshake:
- Go to https://uwm.joinhandshake.com/
- Click the blue button labeled University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee 1Login
- Enter your UWM epantherID and password
- Answer the preliminary questions to set your career plan preferences.
- We recommend completing your profile. Click on your name in the top right corner, then “My Profile”.
- Search “UW-Milwaukee College of General Studies On-Campus Employment Office” in the search bar on your account to view the current, open on-campus positions.
Log onto Handshake to also view off-campus jobs and internships.
Have questions about on and off-campus employment?
- Schedule an appointment with the Career and Internship Program Coordinator, Alex Lawver for help.