Student Employment

Washington County Solution Center

UWM at Washington County has two types of employment available for students on campus:

Work-Study Employment: Work-study is a federal student aid program that is based on need and awarded as part of the total financial aid package. A FAFSA application must be completed to be considered for the Federal Work-Study Program. Check your UWM PAWS account to see if you qualify, or reach out to the Career and Internship Coordinator for help. You must be enrolled in at least 6 credits during the semester for these on-campus jobs.

Regular Employment: These jobs are available to all students enrolled in at UWM at Washington County. Work-study is not a requirement for these on-campus jobs. Please reach out to the UWM at Washington County Solution Center for questions and inquiries by emailing or calling 262-335-5201.

Current Student Job Openings

TRiO Student Assistant

The TRiO Student Assistant will help create a welcoming environment in the TRiO Scholars Center (WASH 308) by supporting students and assisting staff and faculty throughout the year. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

  • Greet and assist students, faculty, staff, and visitors entering, calling, or emailing the office
  • Assist students with PAWS, Canvas, Teams, Navigate, scheduling appointments, etc.
  • Direct students to appropriate campus resources
  • Assist with preparation and execution of TRiO on-campus events
  • Assist with marketing and recruiting efforts (e.g., flyers, postcards, and promotional materials)
  • Maintain a social media presence for the TRiO program on FaceBook and Instagram
  • Run campus errands
  • Additional projects and tasks assigned by TRiO staff

Interested? Contact Schelzia Ross at

Solution Center Front Desk Worker

Do you take an interest in helping people and your fellow students navigate their college experience successfully? Be a part of great team and truly make a difference! Get to know all of the intricacies of how college “works”. Good pay, flexible schedule, year-round hours available, and outstanding resume addition.

Job Responsibilities:

  • Greet students and visitors, assist with answering general questions, and help students; ex. how to access student accounts like PAWS, Canvas, and Navigate
  • Assist with answering and transferring phone questions
  • Assist with projects as assigned
  • Smile 😊

Email Brittany Schmidt: or stop in the Solution Center if interested! Ask if you are Work Study eligible!

Peer Tutors

Looking for peer tutors in math, writing, and various subject areas (psychology, Spanish, sociology, philosophy, nursing).

  • Work one-on-one with students and/or lead group study sessions
  • Preference is given to students who maintain a 3.5 GPA in their subject area and a 3.0 GPA overall

Interested? Contact Schelzia Ross at

Library Student Worker

  • Circulation desk and resource duties
  • Light office work
  • Shelving and withdrawal work as well

Interested? Contact Jan Donahou at

Campus Ambassador

Job description:

  • Lead campus tours for groups of prospective students and guests
  • Assist with campus recruitment events as well as campus-wide events
  • Assist with event preparation
  • Other duties as assigned

Looking for:

  • Students who have verbal communication and presentation skills as well as leadership skills
  • Have the ability to take initiative when working independently
  • Have familiarity with the branch campus you attend
  • And a positive and welcoming attitude

Questions? Email Nicolette Fugarino at

Fitness Center and Fieldhouse Student Staff

The Fitness Center and Fieldhouse student staff will:

  • Monitor the activities within the facilities and surrounding areas
  • Student staff will check IDs, ensure proper use of equipment and supplies, and perform daily tasks related to cleanliness and upkeep
  • Along with the Coordinator, staff members will promote health and wellness programs and activities
  • This position is a good fit for someone who is friendly, outgoing, able to work independently, willing to take risks and implement new ideas, and can also ensure rule adherence from peers

Interested? Contact David Jackson at

Student Union Student Staff

The Student Union student staff will:

  • Monitor the activities within the Student Union area
  • Student staff will ensure proper use of equipment and supplies, monitor activities, and perform daily tasks related to stocking, cleanliness and upkeep
  • Staff members will help coordinate and promote student activities within the Student Union, such gaming tournaments
  • This position is a good fit for someone who is friendly, outgoing, able to work independently, creative, willing to take risks and implement new ideas, and can also ensure rule adherence from peers

Interested? Contact Kole Torres at

Campus Parking Assistant

  • Requires students to work outside monitoring the parking lots to make sure parking rules are enforced daily during morning and afternoon hours
  • Possible other duties would be database entry
  • Times needed are between the hours of 7:45 AM -3:30 PM Monday – Friday

Interested? Contact Paul Price at

Off-Campus Employment

Log onto Handshake to also view off-campus jobs and internships.


Have questions about on and off-campus employment?

  • Schedule an appointment with the Career and Internship Program Coordinator, Alex Lawver for help.