UWM at Washington County’s Career and Internship Services offers a wide variety of helpful resources for students and area employers. Learn more about Career Resources in the UWM at Washington County Solution Center.
Student OpportunitiesCareer & Internship Center Drop-in Hours
- Mondays – 12-2pm
- Thursdays – 11am-1pm
*Please note that drop-in hours may be canceled some days due to other campus events.*
Schedule an appointment with our Career and Internship Program Coordinator for help with:
- Career exploration
- Job and internship searching
- Receiving credit for internships
- Resume and cover letter writing help
- Interview preparation
- Student employment
Fall 2021 EventsResume Workshop
- Thursday, September 30th, 12:00-12:50pm, in the Career & Internship Center (Room 107)
- MyPlan Interests Activity – Monday, October 11th, 12:00-12:50pm, in Wash L277
- Explore Your Values Activity – Tuesday, October 12th, 12:00-12:50pm, in Wash 101
- Major Exploration Fair – Wednesday, October 13th, 12:00-12:50pm, in Wash 101
- Internships 101 – Thursday, October 14th, 12:00-12:50pm, in Wash 101
- All events are in collaboration with our Academic Advisors!
Weekly Employer Spotlight
Every Thursday, starting September 23rd, we will have an employer on campus during the open noon hour to connect with students regarding their organization and any open job and internship opportunities. Please see the list below to view which employers will be attending and when.
- September 23rd – Schrieber Foods
- September 30th – Quad
- October 7th – Kettle Moraine YMCA
- October 14th – Boys & Girls Club of Washington County
- October 21st – Brightstar Care – West Bend
- October 28th – J.W. Speaker
- November 4th – Roundy’s
- November 11th – Menards
- November 18th – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Washington County
- December 2nd – TBD
- December 9th – TBD
Weekly Employer Spotlight: Employers are invited to come to campus to table during our open noon hour on Thursdays to connect with students and share information about their organization and opportunities. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Job Shadow Program: Host a student for the day to show what your profession is all about. Job shadowing is one of the best ways for students to explore careers.
Informational Interview Contact: Have a student who is interested in your field of work interview you about your career pathway.
Job and Internship Posting: Visit Handshake to post job and internship opportunities.
Have questions about events and recruiting UWM at Washington County students? Reach out to the Career and Internship Program Coordinator, Alex Lawver.