Integrating voter registration efforts into the classroom is an optimal way to systematically Ask Every Student about their democratic engagement plans. Strategically engaging faculty is essential to meaningful classroom integration.
For many faculty members, the classroom exists in Canvas this year. Studentvoting.org has created a Faculty Champion Toolkit and an Ask Every Student Learning Management Module to make classroom integration quick and easy.
UWM encourages all faculty members and instructors to:
- Share an announcement into your Canvas course:
- Sample language: UWM encourages you to exercise your most important civic duty by registering to vote and then voting, whether that’s absentee, early, or in-person on Election day November 3. City of Milwaukee residents can register and vote early in-person, weekdays October 20-30 from 10 am-3 pm in the Student Union. Election day is November 3 and you can find your polling location at uwm.edu/vote. You can also find information on how to obtain a free student voting ID and instructions to access your proof of enrollment letter as valid identification on the site.
- Download the Ask Every Student Canvas Module and integrate it into your course
- Share UWM produced videos with the students in your class
- Share 2020 Voter Registration Scenario Graphics
- Showcase Columbia College Chicago’s 51 State Sheets including a link to Wisconsin
You can review the Oct. 15, 2020 email Guidance on Political Activity on UWM Campuses here.
Contact Director of External Relations Keri Duce if you need any assistance.