Coordinating Team Members
- Ron Perez, Chair and Interim Dean of the Zilber School of Public Health, UW-Milwaukee
- Paula Rhyner, Vice Chair and Professor Emerita, UW-Milwaukee
- Johannes Britz, Provost and Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs, UW-Milwaukee
- Kelly Haag, Senior Student Affairs Officer, UW-Milwaukee
- Mark Harris, Vice Provost of Research, UW-Milwaukee
- Robin VanHarpen, Vice Chancellor of Finance & Administrative Affairs, UW-Milwaukee
- Stephen Schmid, Regional Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Campus Administrator, UW-Waukesha
- Courtney O’Connell, Regional Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Campus Administrator, UW-Washington County
- Paul Farrow, County Executive, Waukesha County
- Joshua Schoemann, County Administrator, Washington County
- Kristian O’Connor, University Committee Chair, UW-Milwaukee
- Drew Blanchard, Faculty Senator, UW-Waukesha
- Lee Wagner, Academic Staff Senator, UW-Washington County
Functional Team Members
- Greg Ahrenhoerster, UW-Waukesha
- Julianna Alitto, UW-Waukesha
- Heather Carroll, UW-Waukesha
- Dave Clark, UWM
- Hobie Davis, UWM
- Michael Doylan, UWM
- Gesele Durham, UWM
- Jennifer Gruenewald, UWM
- Mark Harris, UWM
- Bill Hebert, UWM
- Connie Humann, UW-Waukesha
- MaryJo Kanelos, UW-Waukesha
- Phyllis King (Team Lead), UWM
- Ellyn Lem, UW-Waukesha
- Alyssa Molinski, UWM
- Nancy Nelson, UWM
- Jeremy Page, UWM
- Laura Pedrick, UWM
- Diane Reddy, UWM
- Jill Rinzel, UW-Waukesha
- Stephen Schmidt, UW-Waukesha & UW-Washington County
- Stephane Scholz, UW-Washington County
- Talitha Selby, UW-Washington County
- Scott Silet – UW-Waukesha & UW-Washington County
- Bruce Wade, UWM
- Shevaun Watson, UWM
- Chris Yogerst, UW-Washington County
- Chad Zahrt, UWM
Higher Learning Commission Accreditation
- Gesele Durham, UWM
- Chris Hays, UW-Washington County
- Dev Venugopalan (Team Lead), UWM
- Gesele Durham, UWM
- Kay Eilers, UWM
- Nicolette Fugarino, UW-Waukesha
- Dan Geddes, UW-Waukesha
- Katie Miota (Team Lead), UWM
- Tim Opgenorth, UWM
- Laura Pedrick, UWM
- Jean Salzer, UWM
- Liz Schielke, UW-Washington County
- Daniel Schindler, UW-Waukesha
- Rachel Stern, UW-Waukesha & UW-Washington County
- Aiden Ward, UWM
- Seth Zlotocha, UWM
- New Chief Enrollment Officer once s/he starts, UWM
- James Boling, UW-Waukesha
- Dakota Crowell, UWM
- Tom Dake, UWM
- Colin Daly, UWM
- Heather Erickson, UW-Waukesha
- Becky Freer, UWM
- Tima Guled, UW-Washington County
- Jim Hill (Team Lead), UWM
- Sue Kalinka, UW-Waukesha
- Jessica Kumke, UWM
- Nicole Weber, UW-Waukesha
- Dmitry Becker, UW-Waukesha
- Sue Cashin, UWM
- Ron Gulotta, UW-Waukesha
- Kristin Hoffmann, UW-Waukesha & UW-Washington County
- Emily Kuester, UWM
- Christi Larson, UW-Waukesha & UW-Washington County
- Kris O’Connor, UWM
- Tricia Wessel-Blaski , UW-Washington County
- Stan Yasaitis, UWM
Finance and Operations
- Dan Anhalt, UW-Waukesha & UW-Washington County
- Bob Beck, UWM
- Tim Danielson (Team Lead), UWM
- Steve Decker, UW-Waukesha
- Jon Etta, UW-Waukesha & UW-Washington County
- Geoff Hurtado, UWM
- Paul Klajbor, UWM
- Cindy Kluge, UWM
- Drew Knab, UWM
- Chad Kraus, UW-Washington County
- Joe LeMire, UWM
- Thomas Malaby, UWM
- Kris Suresus, UWM
- Joely Urdan, UWM
- Adrienne Bass, UWM
- Sue Bausch, UW-Waukesha & UW-Washington County
- Michelle Johnson, UWM
- Jackie Joseph-Silverstein, UW-Waukesha & UW-Washington County
- Tom Luljak (Team Lead), UWM
- Joan Prince, UWM
- Holly Wehrhahn, UW-Waukesha & UW-Washington County
- Sue Weslow, UWM
- Lynn Wilk, UWM
Coordinating Team and Functional Teams Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Coordinating Team include the following:
- Act as a liaison with the Functional Teams to translate current four-year and R1 research institution and UW Colleges processes, norms, cultures, into a new context.
- Oversee the efforts of the Functional Teams to ensure that the most critical issues are identified and addressed before July 1, 2018.
- Oversee the efforts of the Functional Teams to create a roadmap for the continued
merger of academic and administrative functions beyond the initial merger date.
- Ensure collaboration among the Functional Teams, as needed, to effectively address
issues that cut across functional teams.
- Coordinate with and report to the UW System Steering Committee at key milestones/deliverables.
- Represent the restructuring process to the three campuses.
- Track local problems, issues, and challenges and raise those with the UW System
- Provide local context and process expertise to the Functional Teams as appropriate.
- Propose a new organizational structure (with reporting lines) that is comprehensive and integrates the input from the Functional Teams.
The responsibilities of the Functional Teams include the following:
- Identify opportunities within the functional area that can evolve via the restructuring.
- Identify problems, issues, and challenges to be addressed within the functional area to ensure a successful transition.
- Gather information pertinent to the identified problems, issues and challenges that will lead to the identification of problem-solving strategies relative to the functional area.
- Recommend one or more plans with specific strategies to capitalize on the identified opportunities and address the identified problems, issues, and challenges within the functional area, including timelines for implementation of the plan(s).
- Propose an organizational structure (including reporting lines) within the functional area. The proposed organizational structure will likely evolve over time following implementation.
- Outline key areas and priorities in the restructuring about effectiveness and
- Communicate consistently with other functional teams and the Regional Campus
Transition Committee leadership regarding the work and needs of the functional team to continue forward progress toward successful restructuring.
- Where appropriate, implement specific strategies as designated by the chancellors of UWM, UW-Waukesha, and UW-Washington County.
Each Functional Team will consider specific elements that will be impacted by the restructuring. Although specific elements have been identified for each Functional Team, it is likely that there will be areas that will need to be addressed by multiple teams, thus requiring collaboration among teams. It also is likely that additional areas will be identified within and among the teams as the restructuring moves forward. When possible, an existing Functional Team will address those areas. Otherwise, a new Functional Team will be created.
Functional Team Areas
The Functional Teams and the areas to be addressed within each team include:
- Governance – Policies and procedures related to Academic Staff, Faculty, Students, and University Staff
- Academic Affairs – Continuing Education, Curriculum, Libraries, Research, and Student Advising
- Higher Learning Commission – Accreditation
- Enrollment Management – Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Internships/Work Experiences
- Student Affairs – Athletics, Student Organizations, and Student Services
- Finance and Operations – Budget & Finance, Facilities, Foundations, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Safety & Compliance
- Communications/External Relations – Alumni Relations, Branding/Marketing, Community Engagement, Development, Government Relations, and Media Relations
Functional Team Lead Responsibilities
Each Functional Team has a member who has been identified to serve as the Lead for the team.
The responsibilities of the Functional Team Lead include:
- Serving as the primary contact for communication with the Coordinating Team.
- Facilitating the identification and prioritization of problems, issues, and challenges to be resolved during the restructuring process.
- Facilitating the development of recommended solutions to the identified problems,
issues, and challenges during the restructuring process.
- Ensuring that the team meets established timelines for tasks, activities, and reports.
- Informing the Chair and Vice-Chair of upcoming meetings.
- Providing Functional Team weekly progress reports to the Coordinating Team.