- Current UWM students (Kenwood Campus) are eligible to apply for a volunteer position on the Outdoor Pursuits Student Scholarship Committee. Students in this role have an instrumental leadership opportunity and work to collaboratively review applications, discuss award decisions, and make final proposals to the Outdoor Pursuits Program Director on awarding funds.
- Applications for the committee are examined by current committee members and positions are offered based on the application review process and the availability of positions on the committee.
- Students who are currently serving on the scholarship committee are not eligible for scholarship awards due to conflict of interest. Students are eligible before/after serving.
- There is currently no limit to the amount of terms that a student can serve on the committee.
- Student committee members are required to help plan, promote, and facilitate at least one fundraising event per semester as part of their involvement in the committee and to ensure sustainability of the scholarship fund.