Outdoor Pursuits Program Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Programs may be cancelled by Outdoor Pursuits due to reasons such as those listed here: Low enrollment, inclement weather, staffing complications, no-shows, logistics issues, etc.
- If Outdoor Pursuits cancels a program, students will be offered a full refund or credit toward another trip or program. The student chooses the method for the refund, with no fees attached.
- If a student does not show up for a program they are registered for, no refund will be provided. Occasional exceptions are made through discussions with the Outdoor Pursuits Program Director.
- If a student has a family or medical emergency, Outdoor Pursuits will review their case and assess whether or not a refund or credit is an option. Notice must be provided in advance of trip, if possible. Outdoor Pursuits reserves the right to request a doctor’s note or evidence of event.
Outdoor Pursuits Trips/Clinics Cancellation and Refund Policy
Trips and clinics are classified as any programs that are less than or equal to four days. This includes but is not limited to clinics as short as a single hour, or trips that last up to three nights, and everything in-between.
- In order to be eligible for a refund, the student must notify Outdoor Pursuits of cancellation greater than or equal to 14 days from the start date. UREC will retain a $20 processing fee. If the trip fee is less than or equal to $20, no refund will be provided.
- If Outdoor Pursuits is notified less than 14 days before start date, no refund will be issued. During this time-frame, program transfers and refunds happen only occasionally through discussions with the Outdoor Pursuits Program Director.
Outdoor Pursuits Extended Trip Cancellation and Refund Policy
Extended trips are classified as any program that is greater than or equal to five days. This includes but is not limited to spring break trips, winter break trips, and some summer trips that we offer.
- Unless otherwise noted, extended trips require a non-refundable $150 deposit to secure a spot. Refunds are only possible if Outdoor Pursuits is able to fill the vacancies prior to pre-trip meetings.
- If a student registers by paying full price for a trip, instead of the deposit followed by the settlement, then $150 of the full price acts as a deposit and is non-refundable.
- In order to be eligible for a refund of trip fees that surpass the security deposit, the student must notify Outdoor Pursuits of cancellation greater than or equal to 14 days from the trip start date. UREC will retain the $150 deposit.
- If Outdoor Pursuits is notified less than 14 days before trip departure, no refund will be issued.