Interested in working for us? We’re hiring for the Fall 2018 semester! Please fill out the appropriate application below for the position you’re interested in and attend the associated training dates. To apply for a job please visit PantherJobs or the appropriate links below.
Job Summary: To officiate intramural sports contests within the Department of University Recreation. Must have background knowledge of the sport through previous officiating experience or have played the sport or a fan of the sport. Officials must know the rules of the sport and be able to manage many different situations during a game and a shift. You have to work with several different types of people and communicate in a prompt and courteous manner.
Intramural Sports Official – $8.50 – $10.25
- Maintain a working knowledge of specific sport rules, mechanics, and signals
- Enforce sport rules throughout the competition
- Make calls/judgments in a fair and unbiased manner
- Maintain order and safety during intramural play
- Communicate effectively with other officials and participants
- Display a professional demeanor at all times
Level 1 Official Requirements – $8.50
- Must complete the hiring process and all required UWM and University Recreation paperwork.
- Must attend a University Recreation orientation meeting.
- Must attend all preseason training clinics and scrimmages for each specific sport they intend to officiate.
- Must get a minimum score of 75% on the preseason sport test. (Those who do not meet this benchmark must meet with Intramural Sports & Sport Clubs Professional Staff for further consideration)
Level 2 Official Requirements – $9.25
- Officials must have met the Level 1 criteria before being considered for a Level 2 promotion along with the added requirements below:
- Must get an 85% on the preseason sport test
- Possess verifiable justification as an experienced/trained official. Verifiable justification can include, but is not limited to the following:
- A state license or national certification as a registered official
- A semester of experience within the UWM Intramural Sports Program as an official coupled with positive evaluations as determined by Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs Professional Staff
- Previous experience and a reputable reference in the same sport or similar sport as considered by the Intramural Sports & Sport Clubs Professional Staff
- Must have completed a performance evaluation of semester work performance
- Be in good standing within all University Recreation positions
- Level 1 or lower within the University Recreation Employee Discipline Policy
Level 3 Official Requirements – $10.25
- Officials must have met the Level 2 criteria before being considered for a Level 3 promotion along with the added requirements below:
- Must get a 95% on the preseason test in the current semester every semester they work as a level 3 official (may retake the test if necessary)
- Possess verifiable justification as an experienced official outside of the UWM Intramural Sports program. Verifiable justification can include, but is not limited to the following:
- Emails, pay stubs, or written evidence of game schedules along with results signed off by an outside reference
- Experience at a WIRSA State Tournament, NIRSA Regional Tournament, or National Tournament
- Must possess a state-licensed or national certification as an official, along with shown progression in status and/or development (Either by camp attendance or seniority. Discretion on development will be made by Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs Professional Staff)
- Successful evaluation of other intramural officials and participation as a clinician in preseason clinics, trainings, and scrimmages. This must continue throughout employment to maintain Level 3 status.
Spring 2020 Clinic Dates
*Must attend all dates for the sport(s) you wish to work
Tuesday, January 28th, 2020, @ 6:00pm-8:00pm in Klotsche 124
Thursday, January 30th, 2020, @ 6:00 pm in Engelmann Gym
Monday, February 3rd, 2020 @ 6:00 pm in Klotsche 124/Pavilion Gym
Monday, January 27th 2020 @ 6:00pm-8:00pm in Klotsche 124
Wednesday, January 29th 2020 @ 6:00pm-9:00pm in the Klotsche 124/ Pavilion Gym
Tuesday, February 4th 2020 @ 6:00pm-8:00pm in Klotsche 122
Wednesday, February 5th 2020 @ 7:00pm – 9:30pm in Klotsche Arena