KLOTSCHE CENTER AND PAVILION WILL REOPEN ON AUGUST 31ST AT 7AM. The hours for the fall semester will be:
Monday – Friday
Saturday and Sunday
For all facility hours visit https://uwm.edu/urec/hours/ or download our app by searching for UWM UREC (coming soon).
All facility capacities have decreased. More info about facility capacities and live facility usage can be found at https://uwm.edu/urec/facilities/urec-capacities/
Per UWM policy, face mask coverings, which cover both the nose and mouth, will be required to be worn in all shared (even while exercising, with the exception of being in the water), indoor spaces on campus, including the Klotsche Center, Pavilion and Engelmann Gym.
Fall 2020 Membership Update (revised 10-23-2020)
- University Recreation (UREC) opened the Klotsche Center and Pavilion on Monday, August 31 with an emphasis on serving the current students, faculty, and staff of UWM. Due to COVID-19 pandemic related restrictions on campus, access to the facilities for UREC services is limited to students who have been assessed Milwaukee Campus segregated fees for the Fall 2020 semester and current (not retired) faculty and staff who purchase a membership (visit https://uwm.edu/urec/facilities/membership/ for more information).All other membership options, including Community, Sustaining Alumni, Recent Graduate, Auditor, and all spouse/partner memberships, as well as guest passes, will not be available during the Fall 2020 semester. UREC and UWM plan to reevaluate the restrictions on UREC facilities near the end of the Fall 2020 semester to determine whether additional membership options can be added for the Spring 2021 semester. For those who are unable to purchase a membership at this time, we hope that you will consider purchasing a membership when we are able to safely add members to our facilities. We thank you for your past patronage of our facilities and services and hope to be able to serve you again soon.
- Credit on Accounts/Refunds
- Will not expire for 2 years.
- If you would like a refund please fill out the refund form at the bottom of our policy page
Locker rooms are open for semester locker rentals (limited availability). Towel service will also be available. Restrooms will be open following social distancing. We encourage you to only bring the things you need.
- Increased Disinfection on a daily basis
- Hair Driers Deactivated
- Limited Lockers Available
- No Daily Lockers
- Encouraged to wear footwear
- Bagged locker from spring semester can be picked up at the front desk after August 31st.
- 1 person per lane during open swim hours
- Encouraged to wear footwear on the pool deck
- Open Swim hours will vary dependent on lifeguard availability
- Limited Equipment that is Disinfected after each use
- UWM ID
- UWM UREC App – search for UWM UREC in apple app store or google play store.
- Panther Virtual ID (Touch less access into the facility)
*Due to Covid19 all biometric hand scanners have been removed from the facilities.
At this time, no guests or household members of UWM affiliates are able to access our facility. We will reevaluate often based on capacity restrictions; it’s our top priority to keep Panthers safe. For more information please visit https://uwm.edu/urec/facilities/guest/
- Decreased Capacities
- No open rec for volleyball, basketball, soccer or any other team sports
- Pavilion Gym will be mainly used as a fitness center
- 3rd Floor Cardio Room is closed – cardio equipment has been moved to the Pavilion Gym
- Racquetball/handball will not be allowed for Fall 2020
- RM 111/Functional Fitness Student is closed for Fall 2020
- Engelmann Gym is closed for Fall 2020
- Arena will be reserved by Athletics but closed to our members.
*The facilities capacities and closures will be evaluated and adjusted as need. Closures and hour changes may occur during the Fall 2020 semester.
- All the equipment will be sprayed with an antimicrobial spray.
- We will be providing each participant with their own cleaning towel and asking them to wipe down all touch points before and after use.
- Our staff will be sanitizing the equipment and different touch points thought the facility more frequently.
- All equipment will be thoroughly sanitized each night as well.
- Plexiglass has been install in different part of our facility
- Masks are required even while working out