Faculty, staff and students host hundreds of events each year on UWM’s campuses. Here’s a list of best practices for promoting your event:
- Enter the event on the Campus Events Calendar. This feeds the UWM home page, UWM Report, faculty/staff page and other outlets. Here are some resources to help you:
- A list of units who are contributing to the events calendar.
- Guidelines for creating a great event post.
- If your event is open to and of interest to all faculty and staff or all students, send a note with a link to the Campus Events Calendar posting to the editor of the appropriate campus newsletter.
- If your event is open to the public, enter the information into the following media calendars. This is more effective than sending a press release because most media organizations no longer actively manage their event listings.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Urban Milwaukee
- Visit Milwaukee (you will have to register and login to do this)
- Milwaukee Magazine (scroll to the bottom of the page to add an event)
- Shepherd Express
- For Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service, you can add events under Posts From The Community
- Share your event on social media. Make sure that each post links back to the Campus Events Calendar listing for more information.
If you need marketing support for your event, please complete this form.