After you have been admitted, the UWM Registrar’s Office will perform an official evaluation of your transfer credit. If you would like to begin to evaluate how your courses may transfer before you receive your official evaluation check out the Transfer Equivalency Database at or create a Transferology account. In general, transfer credit is awarded for college-level work completed at institutions accredited by a regional or national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), assuming the provisions outlined below are also met. (Foreign institutions must be recognized by the Ministry of Education, or equivalent, of the home country). Courses must be similar in nature, level, and content to a course in UWM’s undergraduate curriculum and applicable to one of our academic programs. Continuing education courses, graduate-level courses, and courses that are remedial, technical, vocational, or doctrinal in nature are not transferable. Go to Transfer Wisconsin to learn more about how courses transfer in the University of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Technical College, and Tribal College systems. If you have other questions regarding transfer credit, see transfer credit policies.

We value your work at other institutions, and we want to award as much credit as possible. If you would like an unofficial credit evaluation prior to admission, please email with the subject: Transfer Credit Eval Request.  Please be sure to include this information for fastest processing:
name, intended major, email, phone number, most recent school attended.

If you have taken Advanced Placement exams (AP), International Baccalaureate exams (IB), the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams, or if you have military credit, see policies on awarding non-coursework credit.

Check out our informative video on credit transfer!