How to Apply
How to apply:
- Application: Fill out the online application https://apply.wisconsin.edu/
- Application Fee: You may pay your fee online when you submit your application. Or, you may log back into your application to submit your fee online later. We also accept a check or money order. Students who are transferring directly from a two-year UW Branch Campus or who have previously attended UWM as a degree-seeking student do not need to pay this fee. If you think you may be eligible for a fee waiver, submit the Transfer and Adult Student Application Fee Waiver Application.
- Official High School and College/University Transcripts: We require official transcripts, sent directly from the school, for both high school and college courses. If you have attended multiple schools, we will require official college transcripts from each school attended. If you are currently taking college classes, please include a list of your current college classes on the application form.
- Test Scores: Results from the ACT or the SAT are not required if you have more than 12 transferable college credits OR if you are 21 or older. However, if you’ve taken either test, we encourage you to provide us with your scores. Your results will be considered as supplemental academic information and may help strengthen your application. Test scores should be sent directly from the testing service. Our test codes are 4658 for the ACT and 1473 for the SAT.
If you are an international student, visit International Admissions for steps on how to apply as an international student.
Please note: If you have taken Advanced Placement exams (AP), International Baccalaureate exams (IB), or the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams, these official scores are not required for application, but UWM must receive official test scores to evaluate these scores for possible credit. See the Registrar’s Office credit policies regarding transferring non-coursework credit and military credit.
Documents can be mailed to:
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 749
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0749
Important dates and deadlines can be referred to here.
Soon after we receive your application, we will send you information about how to check the status of your application online, via our PAWS (Panther Access to Web Services) student information system. Log onto PAWS to monitor your application “to do” items. Once all of the “to do” items disappear, your file is complete and is ready for an admission decision. Typically, an admission decision will take 2-3 weeks. During peak times, you may expect to wait 4-6 weeks for a decision.
Transfer admission is a holistic and selective process, and no single criterion guarantees admission. The following factors are taken into consideration when reviewing applications:
- Demonstrated satisfactory academic progress
- Successful completion of college-level math and English courses
- Total credit hours completed
- Academic standing at your previous institution
If you have fewer than 12 transferable credits, we will also review your high school academic records.
Please keep in mind that some academic programs within the Peck School of the Arts, School of Architecture and Urban Planning, College of Engineering & Applied Science, and College of Nursing may have additional requirements for direct admission into their majors.