Attention UWM Students: You can purchase your Summer U-PASS through your online Transportation Services account. Your U-PASS will be available for pick-up the next business day. It can be picked up between 10 am – 3 pm Monday – Friday at the Union Information Center in the UWM Student Union, and you must bring your student ID. You should enter the building via the Kenwood Blvd entrance through the farthest right door. For access, please call 414-416-7574 to speak with the on-duty building manager. UWM is closed on holidays and on university-wide furlough days (June 19th, July 3rd, and August 21st), and you will be unable to pick it up on those days. U-PASSes purchased on days UWM is closed will be delayed an additional business day.
The following is an update on changes in service for the Milwaukee County Transit System and how it affects UWM.
- MCTS will resume fare collection on June 1st and all passengers will be required to begin boarding from the front of the bus. Contactless payment is encouraged through the use of an M-CARD or the Ride MCTS app.
- All UPASS and CVP cards will be deactivated on May 31st. Due to the uncertainty about the return of students to campus, UWM is not currently offering UPASSes for the summer. Anyone interested can purchase a 31-day pass for $72 online or from participating locations. Employees can purchase an annual bus pass online through their Transportation Services account. Transportation Services’ offices will remain closed for the summer and will not be able to sell bus fare of any type. Please note that there is a 72 hour delay for fare purchased online to begin working, whereas passes purchased in-person or through the app will work immediately.
- Passengers can purchase a 24-hour ticket using the Ride MCTS app for $5; not available elsewhere.
- Passenger limit will be increased to 15 passengers, effective August 14th, 2020.
- For more information, visit ridemcts.com/about-mcts/covid-19 or call the 24/7 automated information hotline at 414-344-6711. To speak to customer service, call 414-937-3218 Monday-Friday between 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.