Transportation Services has a new customer service location at NWQB-1427, which is open from 8:00 AM to 4:15 PM. The easiest way to get there is through the entrance on the eastern end of the circle drive north of NWQB. Transportation Services is on the right after entering the building. Signage is displayed throughout the building to guide customers to the new location.
Be On the Safe Side (B.O.S.S.) is also operating out of the same office. B.O.S.S. may move back to the Union (WG25) later in the semester. If the office moves, it will be included in a future campus announcement.
Permit parking accounts for more than 50% of the parking spaces in most outdoor lots, but there are limited number of spaces in most parking lots for hourly/daily parkers. Please look for the appropriate signage that indicates the space is open to hourly/daily parkers.
Three contactless payment providers offer payment through mobile apps, phone, and in some cases text-to-pay:
- Parkmobile, or call 877-727-5003
- Passport Parking, or call 414-251-1815
- PayByPhone, or call 888-680-7275
Most lots have physical pay stations that accept cash and credit/debit card. Please check signage for more information.
Please visit the Transportation Services website for other flexible parking options.
All faculty/staff and student permits are available for purchase through our website, in-person, or over the phone by calling 414-229-4000. Students can purchase annual, semester, or monthly passes. Faculty/staff can buy either annual or monthly passes; only Upark is available as a semester permit for faculty/staff members. Please check our website for the latest rates.
Commuting students and faculty/staff can choose from permits allowing parking at one of the following locations (not all permits are available as a monthly):
- EMS Garage (Approximately $126/month; $418 student semester permit)
- Lot 8 Chapman/Enderis (Approximately $104/month, only available as annual permit)
- Lot 9 Zelazo (Approximately $104 a month, only available as annual permit)
- Lots 7 and 20 Cunningham/SARUP (Approximately $80 a month)
- Lots 18 and 19 Heat Plant/Holton (Approximately $80 a month)
- Lots 34, 35, and 36 Daycare/Honors (Approximately $80 a month)
- Lubar Garage (Approximately $126 a month; $494 student semester permit)
- NWQ Garage (Approximately $80 a month; $311 student semester permit)
- Pavilion Garage (Approximately $80 a month; $311 student semester permit)
- Upark ($0 per semester for students paying segregated fees; $36.53 per semester for faculty/staff and others)
- The Upark lot is located north of the Capitol/Humboldt intersection and transit to campus is provided by the Prowl Line
- The Prowl Line stops at the Upark lot every 20-30 min from 6 am – 9 pm M-Th and 6 am – 6 pm on Friday
- The Prowl Line makes stops at the Upark, Cunningham Hall, and the Golda Meir Library
- Kenilworth Garage ($102 a month; $510 a semester)
- NWQ Garage ($93 a month; $372 a semester)
- Pavilion Garage ($93 a month; $372 a semester)
- Sandburg Garage ($160 a month; $561 a semester)
Student Bus Passes
U-PASSes were activated 8/23/22. Students who need a new or replacement U-PASS should visit NWQB-1427 during our business hours. All U-PASSes must be requested and picked up in-person. Please visit https://www.ridemcts.com/ for route information and GPS bus tracking.
UWM Residential shuttles (Prowl Line) from Kenilworth, Cambridge and Riverview to campus and back is offered daily on a timely basis. Residential students: please check the Passio Go app for latest details. It is available for both Android and iOS devices.
Faculty/Staff Bus Passes
Faculty/staff should purchase their bus passes by Friday, 9/2/22, to have theirs working for September. It is available at a subsidized rate of $33 a month.
Be On the Safe Side
Summer hours are 7 pm – midnight and continue through 9/4/22. B.O.S.S. is closed on 9/5/22 in observance of Labor Day, and reopens on 9/6/22 with regular Fall semester hours of 6 pm – 2 am. Students may request a ride via the TapRide app, by calling (414) 229-6503, or by visiting our office in person at NWQB 1427 during building hours.