UWM TechTraining offers free, non-credit training sessions on online UWM services and fee-based, non-credit training sessions for other software products commonly used by UWM students, faculty and staff. All sessions include a takeaway resource for the participant and are taught by knowledgeable instructors who focus on providing hands-on learning experiences and advice for practical application.
UWM TechTraining staff also work with campus subject matter experts to develop and maintain learning resources and documentation for campus core technologies such as Office 365.
The UWM TechTraining service features:
- Free training for University technology services such as email, calendar and file storage
- Subsidized (free) training for currently-enrolled UWM students
- Experienced instructors who work with the technology daily
- Short morning and afternoon sessions that work with UWM student and faculty/staff schedules
- Free online, on-demand help resources available 24/7
- Online registration
- Custom training and tutoring available for UWM faculty and staff
- Online training sessions as required by customer or outside situations
Service InformationService Access
To attend an in-person scheduled session, participants must pre-register. Faculty and staff registering may be required to provide a billing string upon registration. Registration can be done using the online registration system or by phone at 414-229-5395.
Students are required to provide an active UWM email address and the last four digits of their Student ID Number during registration. Only students currently enrolled within that semester in UWM academic classes are eligible for free student courses. Faculty and staff are required to provide an accurate departmental billing string (if applicable) and an active UWM email address during registration.
UWM TechTraining sessions are held on weekday mornings and afternoons during the spring, summer and fall academic terms. All sessions are held between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and all phone inquiries and registrations can be addressed during these times. Online registration at https://uwm.edu/techtraining/courses/ is available 24/7 except during periods of scheduled maintenance or unscheduled outages.
Scheduled or Unplanned Outages
Information about scheduled or unplanned outages is available at uwm.edu/gettechhelp.