You can now set all meetings in Teams to be Teams meetings! If you follow the instructions below, any meeting you schedule will automatically be set as a Teams meeting – no need to remember to check the box each time!
Please note: This feature can only be enabled through the online version of Outlook.
To get started:
- Log into Office 365 online and open Outlook.
- In the top right corner of your screen, click on the Settings (gear) button.
- At the bottom of the Settings pane, select the option for View all Outlook settings.
- On the left side of the new window, select the option for Calendar.
- In the menu to the right select the option for Events and invitations.
- Under the heading Events, you create, check the box for Add online meeting to all meetings.
- Click to Save your settings in the bottom right of this window.
- After closing out of the settings window, all future meetings will now be set as online meetings in Teams. This only applies to new meetings made after you have modified this setting. When events are scheduled they will not be made into a Teams meeting until attendees are added.